Wednesday, October 7, 2009

an easy way to write Latex codes in Blogger

I just found an easy way to write Latex codes directly in Blogger.
See How To Install Latex On Blogger/Blogspot
Following the steps described there, I can write the Latex codes between double dollar signs as I do in TexCenter or WinEdt, and get the desired equation. It is really cool!

A test:
The Latex codes are:
${\phi_{ji} | \phi_{j1}, .., \phi_{j, i-1}, \alpha_0, G_0 \sim \sum_{t=1}^{T_j} \frac{n_{jt}}{\alpha_0 + i -1} \delta_{\psi_{jt}} + \frac{\alpha_0}{\alpha_0 + i-1} G_0}$
and the result is:
$\phi_{ji} | \phi_{j1}, .., \phi_{j, i-1}, \alpha_0, G_0 \sim \sum_{t=1}^{T_j} \frac{n_{jt}}{\alpha_0 + i -1} \delta_{\psi_{jt}} + \frac{\alpha_0}{\alpha_0 + i-1} G_0$

It works very well.

I have tried to immigrate from Blogger to WordPress for the Latex capability in WordPress. But I found there are often errors in render Latex in WordPress, which makes this feature less attractive. Also I did not figure out how to change font and font size in WordPress. So I keep staying in Blogger. I hope Google can soon release a much power editor, with buttons on top the editor to enable insert Latex and symbols, and as well as tables. These features are the most frequently used features in my experience. Before Google doing so, I think zoho will be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment